"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Leave it To Beaver Switcharoo

When I was growing up there was a show on TV called Leave it To Beaver. It was set in the 1950’s. The perfect little family. Dad (Ward), Mom (June), Sons (Wally and Theodore, nicknamed the Beaver). Dad worked in an office 9-5, mom stayed home wore a dress and heels, always had dinner ready when dad came home. And Wally and the Beave would always have a dilemma that taught some sort of moral lesson (Cheating, stealing, lying, etc…). The best part about this show is the language. They always said things like Golly, Gee, Etc.. Well we are going to have to make the switch because Emily seems to pick up on EVERYTHING I say and I mean EVERYTHING even if I don’t notice what I say. Brock said yesterday at breakfast she said Dang It and this morning I got really frustrated at her and apparently said Gosh and she finished with Dang It. So it is going to take a conscious effort to focus on what I say but it is Golly Gee Whiz, and Fiddlesticks at our house. Maybe we’ll even take a leaf from Scooby Doo and add in Zoiks, and Ginkies.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I hear ya! My kids are constantly saying crap and butt-head now. I guess I need to change my speaking too!

Shanna said...

I love that show. Hugh makes fun of me for wanting to watch it. I agree...Katie is into the "Oh my gosh" stage... And I don't even say that!!