"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Restless Nights

I am sure you thought that this would be about me and the fact that I get up to pee a bazillion times a night making my nights restless. But I need some advice. The past month Emily has not been sleeping well like she used to. I think it all stemmed from when she was sick and coughed and coughed and coughed and we had to give her medicine so she could sleep. However that has been over a month ago. Last night she woke up crying at 11:30, 3:30 and then was up for the day by 6:30. By 9 in the morning she is yawning. But will not take a nap until the afternoon. And just now (11:10) made some crying noise. I don't know what to do. I did let her cry it out last night and either it didn't last too long or I was so tired I fell back asleep and she eventually did too. Is this just my child or is it normal for 2 year olds. Do I have hope of fixing it before the baby comes or should I just forget it and deal with it all at the same time? What do you have for me?

4 comments:

Deb said...

Well it could be she is feeling the fact that the new baby is coming. Rachele was three when Kenny was born and about three weeks before I had him she did the same thing. She got over it when Kenny was born but she did sleep in our room for a few nights. Strange thing is the night I went into labor she didn't make a peep.

Jennifer said...

I'm not a very sympathetic mom when is comes to the middle of the night. Noah did that a couple of times. I went in the first time just to make sure he was alright, but then told him he needed to go to sleep and then if he woke up again, I let him work it out. I'm sure you will do what is best for your family though. I'm excited to see you tonight! I started my blog again too, just thought I would let you know.

Shanna said...

Well this is when I might take her in to make sure it is not and ear infection or anything. Then just let her cry it out because it is easy for them to fall into a waking night routine. But much harder to break it. Good luck.

Anna said...

I wish I knew an answer to give you! Seth is doing the same (after finally sleeping through the night) and I am so frustrated. Last night and tonight, we gave him a bottle and changed his diaper. Argh. I hope we aren't teaching him to wake up. Plus, he's had a hard time going down at night. Anyway, so I know how you feel! :)