"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Saturday, December 6, 2008

11 Days

So I have 11 days left until my official due date. I had an appointment on Thursday and I was dilated to 3 cm. and she said she could stretch me to 3 1/2 cm. And I am 70% effaced. She keeps saying that I will go early which is what she told my friends Abbey and Anna. (They didn't go early). So in my brain I am not buying in to the false sense of hope. I figure with my luck I will either go today because she is on call at the Main hospital and I am delivering at the North hospital. Or I will go on the 20th because that is when she starts vacation. But We're hanging in there and just waiting to see what happens.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Hey Becca, it was so fun seeing you while we there out there. I'm so excited for you and the baby and I hope everything goes really well. I've been seeing the same OB for 5 years, and she didn't deliver either of my babies...she was on vacation the first time (little stink came on Memorial Day) and the second time she'd just had her own baby and was on maternity leave. Hopefully she's around for you!!

Shanna said...

Yeah I didn't buy it when my Dr. told me the same thing with Leo and I made it just fine to my induction.

Deb said...

I delivered both kids early however I did not believe either when they said I would go early...Rachele I was induced with and Kenny I took a sleeping pill the night before I went into labor. I think getting relaxed but me in labor with him. So just hang in there and even if you go over...(I hope not) the reward is holding your baby.