"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

New Baby Fruth


Welcome to
Meghan Kruse Fruth

was born on December 9, 2008 at 9:23am.
She weighed 8lbs, 10.5 oz.

She has Brock's feet and nose, Emily's mouth, and Becca's toes!

This is Anna guest-blogging and since I got to be there, Becca said I could spread the news! Becca went in on Monday night around 11pm. She was getting checked out for a little bulge on her belly (uh...I guess no one mentioned that a bulging belly comes with the pregnancy:) and she hadn't felt the baby move much. She was 6-7cm and was admitted. She called me at 3am and said she was an 8 so I headed over. At this time, Becca had not had ANY contractions at all. No pain...at an 8!!! I couldn't believe it! The nurse broke her water at 5am and around 6 am she had a few contractions. Things got harder around 7am and she was having regular contractions...finally! Towards 9am, she started feeling "pushy" and really pushed from about 9 o'clock on. She was a trooper! NO DRUGS! Even though she was at an 8 for about 6 hours. The nursing student that was there throughout the birth said, "You are my hero!" and I know that I was thinking the same thing! Congratulations, Fruths!!!!


PS. I edited this entry because I spelled Meghan's name wrong earlier, it is now correct. Sorry, I am claiming lack of sleep:)

8 comments:

*Josh and Katie* said...

Congrats guys! She is so cute! Glad to hear everything went well!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! <3 <3 <3

Sorry about being stuck at 8cm for 6hrs. I'm glad to read that the nurses/doctors let you labor and have your baby on your own.

Way to go on no pain meds! You're a trooper.

Deb said...

Congrats!!! She is so cute. I love her name too.

Shanna said...

YEAH. Congratulations!! I hope mine comes 7-8 days early.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Thanks for letting me crash your hospital room! I love you guys.

Sara and the Boys said...

Oh Furny she is adorable! She looks just like the fam! Congrats! Love you, Sara

Andrea said...

Congratulations! That's incredible - I thought I had an easy labor!

Stephanie said...

Congrats! She looks adorable! I'm glad you made it through without the pain meds! That's seriously amazing!!!