"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Sunday, March 7, 2010

HAPPY 30TH BIRTHDAY BROCK

A week before Brock's birthday I decided to throw him a birthday party. I actually wanted to throw an extravaganza but there were some key factors hindering this idea. So I settled for a family party. I made some phone calls and put my plan into action. The 27th of February (the Saturday before Brock's birthday) I had my dad get Brock out of the house. I think he took him home teaching. While he was gone I hurried up and made his birthday linner. That is not a typo. A linner is a late lunch; early dinner. He loves these really easy chili cheese enchiladas. His step mom brought a 7 layer Mexican dip and chips, his mom brought a vegetable and I made a salad to go with. Yumm-O!Then I decorated. Emily and I had made the sign earlier in the week for craft time. She painted and I stenciled. All the while the guests are showing up. When grandma got to the house I borrowed her car and picked up the balloon bouquet from The Party Outlet.

He didn't suspect a thing and was surprised when he got home. We all hid around the corner by the stairs and jumped out at him.
The girls LOVE to help open presents.




And here is his cake chocolate with chocolate frosting (his favorite) complete with 30 candles. Emily and I made it on Friday and hid it in the food storage closet.

We had so much fun. Finally we are both in our 30's.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Glad it all turned out! Gotta love last minute inspiration and the ability to pull it off.