"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Joys of Parenting

I am so glad for all the experiences I have that remind me how much fun it is to be a parent. For instance. I was taking a nap last week and Emily and my dad came home from the store. I heard her coming up the stairs. When I opened my eyes I saw this little cutie pie head peeking over the edge of the bed with a bouquet of flowers (Stem side up) with a little voice saying "wowers mommy, wowers." Then she climbed on to the bed and stuck them in my face for me to smell. Then she smelled them and went "mmmm." As I am unwrapping them from the plastic almost all the leaves fall off from the stems as they had been dragged up the stairs and onto the bed. But they still looked beautiful. Example number two: The next day we were out running errands and Emily was singing very loudly "lead me, guide me, walk side me," It was so cute I almost starting crying. I love being a mom. It is the greatest thing in the world and thank goodness for great friends and the zoo to help with those days when you want to throttle the little cuties.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I love those days too. Kenny loves to hug me and sit on my lap when I get home. Some times it gets a little nerve racking but I try to handle it (some times he cries the whole time and nothing consoles him). ENJOY!!!