"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Still Alive

Hello everyone. I am sure you have stopped visiting my blog since its been eons since I have written. However I am still alive. Brock and I should be able to get our internet hooked up this week sometime. (Fingers crossed). So I will be able to update more frequently and actually see what is going on in your worlds. YEAH!!! Girls camp is over. Youth Congerence is over. In the meantime I have been weeding and picking and canning. I did 20 quarts of green beans the night before youth conference and then I did 9 pints last night and 6 pints this morning. I froze the last 3 quarts this morning. My tomatoes should be ready in a week or two. Then I'll be elbow deep in salsa, tomatoes, juice and spaghetti sauce. Fun fun fun!!

5 comments:

Shanna said...

Im glad to hear someones garden is doing well. My Moms usually has a bumper crop of zucchini, but with all the flooding in Iowa nothing is growing in her garden. The cabbage and broccoli seemed to be doing ok but not as good as it should have been. Good luck with canning tomatoes.

Marcus, Gabi and Iliana said...

Hey Becca, so i made my blog private but i don't have your email to invite you so just e mail me at pixiepie87@hotmail.com and i'll send you one. How are you doing? sounds like you're pretty busy

The Dahlstroms said...

Becca, I miss you! How are you? Wish I was in Fort Wayne so I could be canning with you!

Deb said...

I wanted to make some peach preserves like I made last year but I did not get the chance so I'm glad you have the time. Lee did get the chance to make some homemade salsa. It was awesome.

emily said...

I am so jealous. I want green beans to can next year. How many plants does it take to get that much, and do you plant them from seed or seedlings?