"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Emily-isms

I have been working with Emily and her tantrums and when she is mean trying to help her work through them and to understand that we don’t act like that. One tactic that I have tried is to let her know that Heavenly Father and Jesus are sad when we do those things and we want to make them happy. A few weeks ago I had yelled at her for being in Meghan’s room and making noise and keeping her awake while I was trying to nurse her to sleep (this happens to be one of my hot buttons I am trying to work on). Finally after whispering and gesturing for her to go out in the hall for 10 minutes (at least it felt that long) I lost it and yelled super loud (yeah that is going to help the baby fall asleep) for her to get out. She did but it crushed her and she started bawling and closes the door. She lies on the floor crying and says to me through the door Jesus Christ is sad when you yell at me. I felt about that big.

Yesterday Emily was cuddling all over Meghan and as she does so says "Oh my darling one, my darling one." And then says "you're my best friend" Smile. It is those moments I cherish and treasure.

On the funny side: We were driving in the car and Emily was talking about skunks (we had recently watched the Curious George episode where George gets sprayed by the skunk like 3 times.) Anyway she blurts out "look out for its pew!" I was cracking up.

1 comment:

Deb said...

That is too funny. Your kids are awesome.