"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Stinkin' Wildlife

Don't know if you can tell but this is a picture of what used to be my broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage.(all that is left is the stalks) It would appear that a big, fat,(and getting fatter) groundhog is gorging himself on my garden. He has even been brazen enough to move on to my lettuce, peas and green beans; although the damage to these has not been so extensive. I hope my dad either gets the sights fixed on his rifle soon or he pops off a lucky shot. He has taken to sitting at the bathroom window with his gun but has not gotten so lucky. He's come close and scared the poop out of the little guy. (literally just check out my garden.) My tomato plants have been safe so far (keep fingers crossed.) I did not invest the time and money to give this ground hog a years supply!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you get that critter. Could you borrow a trap?

emily said...

OH girl. I feel your pain! I'm ready to wring the bunny's neck! ALL of my beans! So frustrating!

Tyler says if your dad needs reinforcements he'll come riding up on his motorcycle with his .22

Unknown said...

you could always try something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Contech-Electronics-Scarecrow-Motion-Activated-CRO101/dp/B000071NUS good luck.

Shanna said...

tomatoes was all I planted and I have lost 2 out of my 3 almost ready to pick ti squirrels!! At first I thought it was my neighbors kid but then discovered the second one today and took a better look at the damage.