"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Monday, September 22, 2008

Official Kickoff

Most people use football to officially kick off the Autumn season. I, however, use the DeKalb County Free Fall Fair as my marker. I am so excited! It starts this week; today actually. For Family Home Evening we are going up there to take Emily to see the animals and ride a pony. And experience her first corn dog. It is $1 ride night so maybe daddy will take her for a ride. This starts it all. Soon the leaves will be turning more and more and then Halloween will be here and then my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving. (I love this one the most because of all the yummo food.) Then Christmas. Yeah!!! Then I am good until spring really. Not a big fan of cold winter days. But with Emily being older (2) it will be fun to play in the snow and build a snowman with her. I look forward to that.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I can't wait either. Rachele asks everyday are the leaves changing yet? She can see that they aren't but we do have a tree on the street that has changed so soon.