"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Scatterbrained

So as I am crawling into bed last night I told Brock that I think we are done having kids because I would like to be intelligent again. Let me explain. I suffer from pregnant brain in a severe way. For instance...last night I am taking Anna and Carisa home and realize I left my purse at Emily's. So I go back and get it. No big deal. Then as I am driving home I realize I don't know where my house keys are. Brock and I had traded cars earlier and I had his key to the Chevy but he had his key to the Sebring so I didn't give him mine. They aren't in my purse so I call Anna to see if I left them at her house. No such luck. So I am hoping that I put them in the diaper bag and they are at home waiting for me. So I call home so Brock can unlock the back door. I let the phone ring 35 times (well 7 calls 5 rings each call b4 the machine kicked on). NO ANSWER. Well I know he is sick so I assume he's taken cold medicine and is dead to the world. Great. Now I am going to sleep in the car. But i decide to try his cell phone and he answers that. Hello!! I turns out both phones were down stairs and I never turned the ringer back on the one). He unlocks the door, I find my keys in the diaper bag and grumpily go to bed. You think it would be over oh no. This morning on my way to the OB for a check up I completely miss my turn into the hospital go past the next light before I realize that I missed it and I was already running late. Can I just say DUH! Oh well I guess it's just par for the course.

6 comments:

Shanna said...

Thats ok. only 9 or so months of scatter brain. But a lifetime of love from the kids.

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry for the stress,but I'm glad that you were there. And to comment on Shanna's comment--there are some of us for whom normal brain functions just don't return.

Deb said...

Yes i can feel you on that of course it will be some time before I have that prego brain. Lee wants to wait on our next one so....only time will tell.

emily said...

Oh man. We all felt so bad when you forgot your purse. We've all been there. I'm glad you didn't have to sleep in the car.

Here's to having our brains back again!

cassanthemum said...

Hey nice blog. I am totally there with the pregnant brain.In fact I think I am in the completely crazy mom with to many kids stage.Hang in there just 2 more months!

Stephanie said...

I heard you'll be in Utah and unfortunately I'm due the week after you get here so I won't be able to see you. I hope you have a fun time!


Check out the new and improved
Food Flow ready for your latest and best recipes!