"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hymns

I have learned something today that I never understood until I became a mom. Growing up in church I was always amazed that all these moms seemed to know every single hymn that was played in sacrament and never needed to use a hymnal. I used to be so amazed and in awe of these women. Then I realized it is because in your children's zeal to sing along and "read" along they have to hold the hymnal and they don't seem to realize that you don't turn the pages as you do so. So, in order to actually sing the hymns you have to memorize them because your toddler sure isn't letting you read the words.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

LOL! you are so funny.