"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Project Time

I bought this House shelving unit frame thing at a garage sale for $1. I new I could do something with it. I decided to use it as our Family Home Evening Chart. I bought these letters at Michael's and with a little hot glue put together this little guy. I was going to paint it black, then paint the letters, but you know.... The section with out any words, Brock would like me to add conducting.
Here I am using a drill. WOW! I felt really empowered. They aren't called power tools for nothing.

Hammer and nails. Just call me Bob Vila.



Here is the "finished" product. I still have to add conducting and drill holes in the hearts for Grandma, Grandpa, and Guest (Brock's idea). The chimney holds the hearts for our next two children. (The "voodoo" rings says we are to have a boy and a girl next in that order). I had to put theirs up there now, because what if they don't make the same color paint as they do now. Everything has to match. Of course the girls name is still under negotiation. But I figure if Brock sees it a lot now, he'll agree to it by the time she gets here in 5 years or so. :-)



2 comments:

emily said...

It's way cute! Way to go with power tools too! I love the future kids part...it would be a fun way to announce something... :)

Unknown said...

Looks great. Good job!