"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Who's the mom?

Emily is so great here are her two most recent notable actions.

The other day she came in our room in the morning to let us know it was time to get up and get going for the day and said “mom, I hungry. My food is calling to me, ‘Emily come eat me’”.

Then today I said “Oh my gosh.” We are trying to teach her that “Oh my Goodness” is a much better option. Anyway because of my mistake she said quite sternly “You go in time out. Put your food down and go in time out. I set the timer.” She then started pushing buttons on the microwave. I helped her set the timer for 2 minutes. I went and sat in my time out (It’s only fair right?) She walks over with a most serious look and says “Why I put you in time out?” I said “because I said a word I’m not supposed to say.” She said “we say oh my goodness” and then gave me a hug and kiss and told me I could get out. How old is she really?

4 comments:

Anna said...

George and I got a kick out of this:) We know who the boss is at your place...heehee! Thanks!

Sam and Laura Zollman said...

Emily cracks me up. She is definately her mother's daughter. :)

Deb said...

Funny!

Shanna said...

That is so cute. Now I warn... just wait till she is 5. That's when little girls REALLY become teenagers. Emily always says the cutest things! You are doing a great job!