"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Brain Dead

So I had this planner a "Mom's Plan It" planner to be exact. I got it at the Mom's Night Out that Anna and I went to about a month or so ago. Anyway. It was sitting on the dryer cerca the open washer and fell in unbeknownst to me. After each canning batch I would throw my towels and washcloths etc.. into the open washer and then do a load of laundry as needed. Well I went to get our my clothes to put in the dryer and voiala!!! Paper on everything!!!!




You can't really tell on Meghan's camo jammies complete with ruffle on the but. It just kind of blended in.


Here is the floor after shaking paper off every single piece of clothing.


The maintenance guys came out a couple weeks ago because our washer was leaking. It came through the wall into the living room, was leaking into the kitchen and boiler cabinet. I couldn't figure out why it would do this. Then it dawned on me as he was snaking out the pipe to the washing machine. It is probably that pile of paper from my planner that has been hanging out in the pipes. Since then we have had no more incidents and I have tried to keep things off the dryer or at least not near the open washer.

Here is brain dead number 2. I was making rice for dinner and in a hurry and while making the stir fry to go with said rice I kept smelling this burning smell. I lifted the pot that cooks the rice and the instruction manual was in between the heating element and the pot. (Note the perfect burn circle.) That was a close one.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Eek! Paper mache in the laundry, not fun. Whew! So glad you figured out the burning smell.