"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Books

I LOVE Books

Books are my passion. Some people love handbags others it is shoes. For me it is BOOKS!
I love everything about them. The way they feel, the way the smell, everything. I love that simple words can transport me to other worlds. I have gone on some of my most greatest adventures have been within the pages of a book.
This past Saturday I went to the Children's Resale at Grace Point Church on Mayhew Road. I Spent $33.00 and bought 4 things that were not books. I even found a couple for myself. I scored with Ella Enchanted, The Princess Academy and Sign of the Beaver. With the exception of a few teaching books the rest were for my girls.
Then I went to the Library to get some more books for the kids. I love Dr. Suess books and I love P.D. Eastman's books he writes under that label. I absolutely love Mercer Mayer (Little Critters) and the original Berenstain Bears by Stan and Jan Berenstain. Laura Numeroff is a recent find.
I regret that I don't get to read as often as I would like to. I can loose myself and my life in reading. When I grow up and get a house I am going to make one room a library with shelves from ceiling to floor. I am also going to have one of those ladders on wheels to get to all of the books I will have. There will be a big chase lounge and big comfy chair to read on. And I will have a big bay window with a seat in it and pillows to curl up and read.
I have passed this on to Emily. While most kids sleep with blankies and stuffed animals she sleeps with books. I love it. We started reading to her pretty much since birth. Why we didn't do the same with Meghan I don't know, but she is coming around.
Books make me happy!!





1 comment:

Deb said...

I love books too. Maybe not as much as you but i do love a good read. Actually my mother's day gift is going to be a book. I so wish Rachele had the passion for reading that emily has. But like you youngest she is coming around.