"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Tampon


The tampon, a little invention designed to make the menstrual cycle a little less gross for lack of a better word. But did you know that they can be used for so much more. I bet you didn't. Since you have never lived in my house; let me enlighten you. Tampons (unused of course) can be used for:
* Sword fighting
* "Paint brushes"
* Make up brushes
* Roads
* They can be "people"
I walk in to the bathroom and the entire box has been dumped out and they were all opened. I started to get mad then thought whatever they are happily playing together. Em then brings two tampons to me and says, "mom the tampons are talking to you" and then makes up conversations for them.
There is something fascinating about Feminine Hygiene Products. Last year the pads were the most exciting "stickers" in the house. I found unwrapped and stuck all over the bathroom wall.
Note to self. Find another place to store those.

4 comments:

Abbey said...

Ah, yes. We spend many a day carrying tampons around. Ella enjoys pointing out the different colors of the various sizes. Nic has even started calling them 'girl sticks'. I especially love it when they are strewn about the family room and then someone drops by for an unexpected visit.

emily said...

Or, when you have some in your church bag and your child thinks it's funny to fling them all over the pews around you.


Hilarious post Becca!

Shanna said...

LOVE IT!! My kids have never discovered the joys of feminine hygiene products.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I switched to the Diva cup. It is in its carrying pouch in the medicine cabinet when not in use.