"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Just a Little Confused

Is it just me or is any one else confused at the way our legal system tends to work? I was watching the news yesterday (not something I normally do because it is depressing.) Any way this lady could have been sentenced up to 20 years for leaving her cats along for a month with no food. That seems a little odd to me since I have watched the news and people who do things to little children or elderly people et. al. have gotten what appears to be a slap on the wrist and most defenatly less than 20 years. It is appalling really. Now don't get me wrong; I like animals and all, but the system seems a little out of balance to me.

3 comments:

Sara and the Boys said...

Just the other day I was saying the same thing to someone. I totally agree! Animals are important but I think people/children should definitely take precidence(sp). People are trying to raise all this money for cruelty to animals but what is going on with cruelty to humans?! Anyway Becca I sooooo agree and I don't watch the news either cuz it is always crappy! Love you!

Unknown said...

I agree as well. Mistreatment of people should hold a higher punishment, or at least the same as that for animals. I wish I could avoid some of the news, but alas, that's part of my job.

Deb said...

You don't post much but when you do...it's like a post fest. I agree animals are important and need protection but hello humans are more important. FHE...we have good ones and bad ones. I keep hearing they will get better we just need to endure to the end. Tampons...I keep mine hid in the hall closet...and when it is that time of the month my pads are up high. Kenny loves to trough away the paper backings. My son is strange. Did I miss anything??? If I did sorry.