"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Monday, May 3, 2010

Saving Time

Between being a wife and mom, serving in the Relief Society Presidency, serving as the Board of Directors at our Apartment Complex, being an assistant camp director for Girl's Camp, being Director of Marketing for our business and everything else life throws at you I am pretty busy.
I decided to implement a new strategy to streamline certain activities to save time and be more productive. I already plan my menu one month out. After getting my necessary groceries for the week I decided to take 1 hour and prep for the week.
I chopped all my fruits and vegetables for snacks so they would be readily available. I also prepped all the veggies I need for my recipes for the entire week so all I have to do is cook. I got the asparagus, corn on cob, broccoli, cauliflower, green peppers, onions, green beans and cabbage ready. The peppers, onions, and chicken are all ready for Cinco de Mayo fajitas, the grapes, watermelon, and strawberries are all ready too. So far I have only done two days worth but it has saved tons of time already. I will try this out and see if it continues to be helpful.

No comments: