"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Best Workouts Ever

I have recently discovered some of the BEST workouts ever created.
The first is the weight loss yoga done by Bob Harper from the Biggest Loser.
I did this on Monday and still felt it on Friday.
The second is Jillian Michael's (also from the Biggest Loser) 30 day shred.
Still felt this one for days later also
On Wednesday I went to my dad's to get the garden ready for planting. The tiller will not stay running so I am at a standstill until it gets fixed. In the meantime I mowed his lawn. The yard had gotten out of hand since he needed to also tune up his mower and the push mower won't start either. (what is going on with all of his tools?) Anyway his rider is not as beautiful as the one you see here.

It is like 150 years old and is by far the BEST ab work out I have ever gotten. Just sit up straight, engage core, and let the mower do the rest. It wobbles and moves you back and forth it even got my obliques going. (If anyone needs a good ab workout I am sure my dad wouldn't mind if you cut his grass for him.)


And one of the best ab, and upper body work out would be to hand rake my dad's yard. His 150 year old mower doesn't come with a bag or the ability to attach a bag. So I hand raked the 1/2 acre that is not covered with barns, house, or garden. I am using the clippings for mulch this year. So every 7-10 days I will be getting a good work out by helping my dad. What a deal!



I am also a HUGE fan of the website http://www.livestrong.com/ It tracks your food intake, water intake, workout, caloric intake based on weight goals and tons more. I love the loops feature. (You can calculate the length your walks or runs by using google maps). There is also a lot more. And it is free unless you want to pay for the Gold Membership. Check it out and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Shanna said...

I love the 30 day shred!! I hurt so bad after just one workout. I had to go into a sitting position like a prego woman about to give birth cause my thighs hurt so bad. And that was level on and I had to rest a lot during the actual workout!!

Becca said...

I hear ya sister. But I love it! I am scared to move up the levels.