"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Now Understand

Some of you know this story so sorry, but I now understand why some animals eat their young. Emily has been doing this crazy annoying loud screaming for no reason and throwing huge tantrums instead of just telling me what she wants. I am in the middle of reading "The Soft Spoken Parent" and it has lots of good ideas and insights. So for two days I stayed very calm and was very understanding, never lost my cool. However, on day three, the book went out the window. I couldn't handle it anymore. We were couped up in the car for ever that day. I remember it like it was 2 days ago , oh yeah it was. After hours of incessant high pitch screaming, I finally grabbed on to the steering wheel, white knuckles and all and screamed at the top of my lungs. Afterwards I felt horrible of course, Emily had this look of What?!?! and I apologized. Then I thought that was the dumbest thing ever. She is still screaming and now I have a headache. The next day Brock and I went to the temple (screamer free) and today has been good. I have already emotionally and mentally braced myself for tomorrow. We have tons of errands, appointments, etc... and it will be mid afternoon before a nap is an option. I am ready. Bring it on baby!

3 comments:

Deb said...

I feel your pain. But Kenny doesn't have many words yet to express himself, soo yelling is how he gets what he wants.

emily said...

The yelling will end, but unfortch something else will take it's place, like whining, back talk etc. The joys of parenting are endless. Now I know why we are commanded to be parents cause think of the purification we get from this...

Hang in there!

Andrea said...

I was just "peeking in" on your blog and read your post. I can honestly say that I understand and have done the EXACT SAME THING! I remember being in the car when the girls were young and just screaming at the top of my lungs. We all had a good cry after that! I hope you're getting the chance to have some time to yourself because I find it makes such a huge difference!