"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thank Goodness For Family

My dad is the greatest!!!! On Monday I was performing an everyday life event that I didn't think would be so difficult or cause such havoc in my life. As I was getting ready to go to my physical therapy appointment I lifted my leg up to TIE MY SHOE!! (not too difficult people) and it seized my back up and rendered me useless. I could hardly stand the pain. So the moron that I am lifted my other leg to tie my other shoe (I might note would not have needed done had Emily not untied them) and more shooting pain and tight muscles. So in the next 15 minutes I hobbled out to my car. Cried the whole time I was putting Em in it. And went to my appointment. Needless to say 2 weeks of treatments and 4 1/2 weeks of therapy and a simple thing as tying my shoe has actually put me in worse shape then the first time. Actually I believe it was an accumulation of events over the weekend but the shoe was the straw that broke the camels back (Literally). Tomorrow I have an MRI to see if I have a bulging disk and then get it all checked out on Monday.
The point of this is that, as I said in my first sentence, is that my daddy is the greatest. He comes down every morning after Brock leaves for work and takes care of me and Emily until Brock gets home from work. I am not allowed to lift or bend which pretty much means I can't do anything for my baby girl. She is having a hard time with it of course and is more clingy and whiny than ever. I must say though that I have been blessed with raising one of the sweetest spirits that Heavenly Father has. When I do my ice treatments she lays on the floor and snuggles with me. When I am in a lot of pain she taps my back, arm, leg, whatever she can reach at the time and says "mamma otay, otay". And the first day she got a pillow for me (with out being asked). My in laws are wiling to take over when my dad can't and Brock has been wonderful; helping with my ice treatments and massaging. I am also thankful to have a husband who holds the priesthood and can be called upon at any time to bless me if needed. Again I say thank goodness for family. If it weren't for them I would be in a real pickle.
I am also thankful for the technologies and advancements in medicine we have today that enable people to get healed. I am looking forward to that. Oh yeah, and I am also thankful for the fact that I have only gained one pound in the last 2 months instead of 20 since I haven't been able to exercise. But I think there is some kind of conspiracy that needs to be looked into. On my scales at home I lost a pound. However, at the doctors office I gained a pound. Hmmmmm.

2 comments:

Deb said...

I agree family is great. Your dad is the best too. I pray your back gets better.

Jennifer said...

Oh, Becca, I'm so sorry to hear about your back. It is very nice to have family close to take care of you and of course your wonderful hubby, but if you need anything else I'll be there in less time than it will take you to tie your shoes! :) I'll be thinking about you and praying that you will be able to handle the pain and heal quickly.