"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Suds, Suds, and More Suds

Let me paint a picture for you. Brock is in the office working on stuff for the Elder’s Quorum Valentine’s Dinner coming up this Saturday. I am giving the girls a bath. Emily is in the back of the tub playing with her toys while Meghan is in the front of the tub in her baby tub. She is surprisingly not crying seeming to enjoy her bath (not something that is normal). Emily is “helping” by squirting Meghan’s hair with an empty trial size baby shampoo bottle. I get her all washed up and then Emily “helps” by rinsing Meghan’s hair with the plastic glass we use for bath time. Fortunately she didn’t drown but was not pleased nonetheless. So I get her out and take her to my room to get her dried off, motioned up and in jammies. I keep doing the voice check to make sure Emily is okay and herself, not drowning. She responds with a “yeah” or an “okay.” I get ready to put Meg’s jammies on and she has peed through the towel the sheet and into the mattress. So I am changing linens while Brock goes in the bathroom to actually check on Emily. I hear a very calm “honey, come here.” I go to see what I assume is a very cute thing. What I find is that the entire brand new shampoo bottle is dumped into the tub and empty. There was so much shampoo in there that when I dumped a glass full of water on her head I just barely touched her hair to rub it and it started sudsing. I guess it was pretty cute. But only because I got the bottle for $1.15. Life is full of adventures and unexpected joys; especially when you have children.

No comments: