"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Emily Says things like....

Most siblings will call their siblings cute little pet names like "sweetie, baby, peanut, etc...

Emily calls Meghan cute names like "you little ray gun," "you pokey little sharp knife," "you popcorn," "you little golf ball" and today on the way home from church she called her a "little skunk"

I say to Emily "you make me smile" she answers with " I love you too."

While chopping vegetables for dinner I say "Emily, will you take out the recycling?" She says with a huge exasperated sigh, "I have to do everything!" Really? You do?

Today in sacrament we are sitting in our pew. It is after the opening and brother Harper is doing announcements. Suzy (name has been changed to protect the innocent) and her family come in the pew behind us. Emily says to Suzy. "It already started."

Grandpa Brock is talking to daddy Brock about the deer jerky he brought. Emily adamantly says "we don't say that word." Then I have to explain that we don't say Jerk but jerky is a type of meat (sort of) and that it is okay to say jerky blah, blah, blah.

She is the word police. She has yelled at grandma for saying gosh and stupid. And Brock who yelled out gosh after stubbing his toe. And me after yelling dang it when I couldn't take it any more. The list goes on. I apologize if she has policed anyone reading this. We are trying to teach her that other people may say things we don't. She's three.

Emily has her doctor kit out and is taking my blood pressure. I say, "are you a doctor Emily?" She says, "no I'm like a doctor." Oh, well, yeah.

I could go on and on. It is so fun to see what she will come up with next.

2 comments:

Shanna said...

She sounds a lot like Leo. My brother called him up and said happy birthday to him just to see what he would say. It was not his birthday. But yes Katie was once our word police. And she learned that it only applies to our family. Good luck.

Deb said...

Wow!!! you don't blog much but when you do you marathon blog. I love the pictures of the girls...it reminds me of my kids even though they are a boy and a girl. Your thursday sounds as bad as my day today. But because we are awesome moms we make it through. As for the word police I think its cute. I hate it when Rachele does it but when other children do it I know that they are in a family that cares. Good luck!!