"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Monday, February 15, 2010

A Valentines Story

So I thought I would get crafty this Valentine's day and I went to Hobby Lobby (one of my most favorite stores) and bought a fake wood mail box and some cute scrapbook paper. I then covered the afore mentioned mailbox with said paper and this is what I got.

The black letters say Love Letters if you couldn't make it out.


Then every day until Vday I would put a love letter in it letting my sweetie know how much I love him and why. We decided to keep it up all the time. So when the flag is up that means someone has a love letter waiting for them.


This last Saturday I was out running errands and couldn't understand why the traffic was horrific. Then it dawned on me that the next day was Valentines and all the lame-o last minute shoppers were out trying to woo their intended with flowers (which die) and/or chocolate (which makes you fat). I was very put out. I mean I could have walked to office depot and Aldi's faster than it took me to drive for crying out loud.


I don't know if its just me but I am not HUGE into Valentine's Day. I think it is because everyday is Valentines Day for me. Brock does sweet things all the time with out hints or I want this or whatever. I know I am loved and appreciated everyday. So I guess I don't need a selected day of the year. Just me I guess. I am happy for all of you fellow bloggers who get into the day and get what you want.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Valentine's Day is just another holiday taken over by consumerism. Make the special days what you want them to be and don't buy in to what the companies push at you.

Shanna said...

What a cute idea. I can't wait to go out and make my own!!