"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thank goodness its what?

We've heard the phrase thank goodness its Friday. Well let me tell you about my Friday last.
*Come home to Emily being awake at 10:30 at night on Thursday night. Just hanging out on her bed playing and reading books. At least she was enlightening her mind.
She doesn't go to bed until after 11:00. So why would she wake up at 6:30 in the morning on Friday instead of sleeping in? I don't know maybe because she is psychotic.
*Get her and Meghan around, breakfasted, etc.. Give Emily breathing treatment. (Both girls have been on them for 2 weeks. Well, Emily one and Meghan 2).
* Have a business training meeting at 8:30. Meghan refuses to be put down with out screaming her head off and Emily will not sit and watch a movie so we won't be bothered. I remember some stuff.
*Give Meghan breathing treatment. That is the biggest joke. It is like torture for both parties. Get frustrated and bawl.
*Baby goes down for nap a little after 10 and right after treatment.
*Emily and I bake 3 tiered chocolate birthday cake for Brock's surprise birthday party the next day.
*Meg wakes up from nap.
*Lunch.
*Try to get house cleaned and ready for people coming next day. Decide to wait until kids go to bed.
*Meghan crawls around screaming and holding on to my leg while I try to decorate cake all the while fighting back toddler "helping" fingers.
*Put both girls down for nap
*Have no recollection of what I did. Other than get things ready for that night. (Pack diaper bag, etc...)
*Run upstairs to two screaming children. Emily did not make it to the bathroom after her nap and Meghan just woke up grumpy (yeah, surprise).
*Clean huge puddle on carpet (where does she store it all?)
*Decide she should just get a bath. It's been a few days. Might as well do the baby too. Her antibiotic causes diarrhea. Bath should help with rash.
*Get baby out of tub and dressed in jammies. Its only 4:30 but I am being proactive.
* Go into Emily's room to realize she had peed on the bed too. How many bladders does she have?
*Run the linens and some other clothes down and start load in washer.
*Run back up stairs to screams of "Mommy". I enter the bathroom to see Emily holding a very soggy lump. " Mom, Meghan threw the toilet paper into the tub." I notice that she also threw in a tampon or two. Unwrapped even.
*Scoop up as much T.P. shreds out of tub as I can, let water out, refill tub and wash toddler.
*Get her dressed in jammies as well and decide it is time for dinner.
* Open fridge to get our thawed venison to make spaghetti. Exclaim "Oh Great!" and clean up deer blood that leaked through the Ziploc bags s it was thawing. Come on lets make some more durable bags please.
Decide we are just having left overs. Emily white chicken chili, Meghan cheese to help with the diarrhea. I'm sure she ate something else but I don't remember.
*Anna comes over a little after 6.
*Brock comes home a little after her.
*We throw the girls into family car. Brock takes the girls to my dad's while he visits the accountant to get the taxes done and Anna and I go out for a well deserved break from sick kids and crazy life.
*We ate at Carlos O' Kelly's and went to the Home and Garden show to which I had gotten free tickets (yeah).
*Kids were in bed when I got home. Snuggled with hubby, watched the Olympics and went to bed.
Whew!

3 comments:

Shanna said...

That was like a WHOLE weeks worth for me. IO don't know how you survived that but I am glad you did. Way to go!!

Anna said...

Haha! This made me laugh out loud:) Don't you love our crazy lives!

Unknown said...

So that's why we're so worn out? Glad you got some adult time out of the house.