"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Recently Called

So I was recently called as the 2nd Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. I should've know a new calling was in the works. That is how the Lord works with me. Once I truly love a calling and/or the people I work with I'm moved on to learn something new. And I truly loved my scout calling. But now I am over Enrichment. I am feeling a little overwhelmed especially now that it is an every month thing again. And all the ladies before me have done a superb job. But I read a quote by President Uchtdorf that really helped me feel better. Here it is...

"The Lord doesn't' expect us to work harder than we are able. He doesn't (nor should we) compare our efforts to those of others. Our Heavenly Father asks only that we the best we can--that we work according to our full capacity, however great or small that may be."

I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for me to learn with this new calling. Hopefully one of them is the ability to balance all of the responsibilites and duties I have in all areas of my life. That would be most helpful.

7 comments:

Deb said...

Ok with all your posts I'm only commenting on one. You have been busy. It is hard to believe that your baby and mine are in sunbeams. This is the first year in a few years our ward has had any sunbeams. I love all the help you get. Do you think she will continue when she gets older? I wish my hubby would think of those little things...but ever know and then he does shock me.

Deb said...

Oh yea good luck in the new calling!!

Shanna said...

That makes 2 of us in a new calling. But I am the secretary. Which I am most grateful for!!

emily said...

You will be so great! I can't wait to see what's up your sleeve. I think the monthly meetings will be so much better. I wish that was the format when I was in. Yay you!

Stephanie said...

Congrats! I really love that quote! So often we compare our efforts with others and often we come short. Well at least I do! We all have unique talents and gifts to offer one another and you have so many to offer the sisters! You are so amazing and you will do such a great job!

Unknown said...

You'll do great. When did the switch happen?

Jennifer said...

I was so excited when Cindy told me that she had submitted your name. I was going to suggest your name to her. I know you will do great!