"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Hunt

So last November (2009) Brock took a week off and went hunting in Ohio with his Dad. We took him to Ohio after church on Sunday so that we could have the car while he was gone. They went out on Monday and he got a doe. Then on Tuesday he got a buck or should I say Bambi. He was mad because the way the sun was it made it look bigger than it was up on the ridge. Two was the limit and he got two his first two days. Go honey!!! He came home for a few days and then went back to help process the deer. So we now have in my dad's extra freezer 28 quarts of deerburger and 5 quarts of deer stew meat and 1 gallon of roast type meat. That should last us a while. I'm not much of a deer meat eater but the need and desire to provide for his family won. If I mix it in with enough flavorings I'm sure it will be good. Actually to be fair I haven't had deer since I was like 9. My parents made dinner. We thought it was your average meat. I liked it until my parents told me what it was. So I will give it a chance. I am so proud of my manly hunter.

2 comments:

emily said...

Well, way to go Brock! Let me know how it tastes!

Shanna said...

And my poor Dad has been going to his hunting spot everyday to look for fresh tracks all winter. THAT IS SO COOL!! Good job Brock.