"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Faster Please

So today is Fast Sunday and I am having a really hard time. It has been FOREVER since I've done a full 24 hour fast. First I was pregnant, then I breastfeed, and to tell you the truth I have tried the last 3 months to last the full 24 hours and succumbed to my weakness. But I came close. These last 35 minutes seem to be dragging on and on and on. But I will prevail. So I need to focus on something else. Oh heres an update on my back situation. It turns out I do have a bulging disc. Dr Lyons and the tech guys missed it (mind you this is their job). But to give them the benefit of the doubt it is small. Anyway two weeks ago I could hardly move and had to take a vicadin to get to bed. Brock said this is it you are not going back to this guy. He took off work and we went to a Dr. Cox. He came highly recommended by 3 friends. All of which have not had to go back since. He actually fixed their problems. So I started with 4 times a week treatments and have done this for the last two weeks. I have now graduated to the twice a week visit. Yeah. He says I am moving right along. When I go back Tuesday I am going to ask how he knows this. But my regiment is as follows. I am not to sit longer than 30 minutes at a time. I have to do specific stretches 2-3 times a day and ice pack my back twice a day. I am not allowed to lift, bend, twist. Thank goodness my dad is able to be at my house everyday and thank goodness for Anna, Carisa, Jennifer and Jana who have helped out when my dad couldn't. It can take up to 3 months to heal so I am really looking forward to July 1st. That is giving myself an extra 2 weeks. Okay only 30 minutes left. I am going to go start dinner.

No comments: