"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Parenting Predicaments

So when do the eyes in the back of your head develop as a parent? I clearly have not received mine yet. The other day I am giving Emily a bath. She is contentedly playing with her bath toys and so I decide to multitask and am cleaning out my Young Women's bag. All is well. I am sitting by the tub just in case when I look up and Emily has my razor on her mouth and her top lip is bleeding!!! (Not badly, she just "nicked" it). Nonetheless. I freaked out. Note to self remove everything from tub that could pose a potential threat and no more multitasking.

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Well i cant remember who it was and I hope I dont ruin someones story that comes on hear but, someone (as a kid) I think was brushing their sisters hair with a razor. Yea, my razor always gets put up high. Im glad she is ok. But don't worry we all have a moments, in our own, special ways.

Deb said...

Well mine is that I ran down the hall to grab Rachele's towel and she says yucky...she pooped in the tub. I have learned to have the towel in the bathroom at all times. Of course here at my parents house the closet it just outside the bathroom so I can see any faces being made... not to mention an eye on the kids cause my leaving Rachele for that split second could have been worse.