"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Friday, April 18, 2008

To Bake or Not to Bake

Yes, that is the question. Wednesday I was looking through a cookbook and saw a recipe for no bake cookies. I thought to myself, "I haven't had these in a long time that sounds great." I asked my wonderful hubby if he would make them while I was at mutual. When I got home he was getting everything ready to do so. We don't know what happened but they weren't no bake cookies. They become a big cement block, a burnt cement block. In Brock's defense he has only ever made them on his mission and they had bar chocolate not powdered cocoa so that is the only way he knew how to make it. And since we only had cocoa and no bar chocolate....
We have the end result on video but unfortunately I can't put it on the cd until we finish filling an finalize the disc. Brock was so sad. I asked him what was wrong and he morosely said "I wanted to make these for you." :-(
Bless his heart. I really have married the sweetest man in the whole wide world. Sorry ladies. So I'm off to Aldi's for milk (It's only $2.39) and more oats so we can try again. Too-da-loo!

1 comment:

The Dahlstroms said...

Becca, This story really made me miss you guys! I miss you!!! This summer I really want to come and visit you!!