"In our day to day actions, it is often the small and simple things that will have a long-lasting impact. What we say, how we act, and how we choose to react will influence not only ourselves but also those around us. We can build up, or we can tear down." -Per G. Malm

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Stake Conference

I love conferences. General, Stake, Women's whatever the occasion. I thoroughly enjoyed Saturday night and thanks to Jana for help with that. Before the session started she says "Hey Jessica and the kids are in the nursery do you want Emily to go with them?" So I ask Emily if she would like to play with Jessica, Spencer, etc... and she reaches out her arms to Jana and says "k". So a BIG thanks for a quiet and enjoyable Saturday session. Sunday, mmmm, not so much but what I did hear and got a chance to jot down notes on was wonderful. Oh by the way Jen, great minds think alike. We dressed the same again today. Jean skirt and brown top. We are way too cool. I love listening to President Misken. He always tells the best stories and they relate so well to gospel subjects. I loved president Shumard's counsel and reminder of the importance to Family prayer, scripture study, and family traditions. The gospel is a wonderful thing. I am so thankful to have it in my life. Then to help with the spiritual high for the weekend I had the greatest opportunity to speak at Spencer's baptism today. What an honor that me of all people was chosen to give a talk on the Holy Ghost. I hope he felt the spirit and the things I said stick with him. The gospel is TRUE! Life is beautiful. I love those opportunites to experience celestial things.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I completely share your thoughts on conferences, especially this weekend. It was such a spiritual awakening for me. And made me take a hard look at what we are doing as a family and me personally. I so enjoyed Jana's talk.
I wish that I had known that Spencer's baptism was yesterday, I would have liked to been there.